Working under the direction of the Artistic Managing Director and working closely with the Managing Producer, the Office Administrator will oversee the smooth delivery of day to day operations for the organization.
Administration & Operations
- Develop, implement, and document Full Circle office procedures and systems, maintain current operations manual
- Bookkeeping including banking, receipts, invoices, cheque requisitions, AR/AP, coding, budgets, liaison for bookkeeper, accountant and auditor, familiarity with Simply Accounting
- Human Resources – employee/intern recruitment & interview process, staff training & supervision, tracking of timesheets & payroll, coordination of part-time schedules and employee contracts, schedules and records staff holidays, sick days and staff-time allocations, preparation of artist contracts
- Provide administrative mentorship for interns
- Coordinate operations and communications needs of staff, including arranging for regular staff and production meetings
- General office coordination – correspondence, mailings, faxing, filing, organizing and ordering office supplies
- Oversee office equipment and software maintenance, troubleshooting, back-ups, etc.
- Development and upkeep of organization’s main database
- Assists AMD with statistical reporting and budget preparation for final reports to funders
- Assists AMD in researching potential grant opportunities
- Assists AMD with grant application packages by preparing budgets, proofreading materials
- Oversees all deadlines for grant applications and final report due dates
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with not-for-profit arts organizations
- A proven and strong background in financial and budget management
- Sound administrative and human resource skills
- Experience with spreadsheets, word processing, bookkeeping and email programs
- Organized and an excellent problem solver
- Advanced writing skills are beneficial
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a diverse and evolving atmosphere
- Interest in the Aboriginal Arts community a plus
$18 - $25/hour to be negotiated and based on experience
25 – 35 hours a week
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply with resume and cover letter attention:
Tanja Dixon-Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Full Circle – Office Administrator” in the subject line
Deadline: Nov 27, 2017 - 5:00pm
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
All qualified candidates will be considered. Candidates of Aboriginal, Indigenous or Intercultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.