Promotional Artwork Designer/Artist
OPEN CALL: Promotional Artwork Designer/Artist, Talking Stick Festival 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE : September, 30, 2017
About the Talking Stick Festival
The Talking Stick Festival (2002 – ongoing) is Western Canada’s premier Aboriginal performing arts festival. Presented annually over the past 15 years, it has allowed us to showcase an enormous range of work from emerging and established Aboriginal performing artists, as well as to seed future developments and collaborations. Initiated as a way to encourage artistic participation and experimentation, the Talking Stick Festival is now our flagship event and one of our greatest artistic successes.
An opportunity to design the key collateral for the Talking Stick Festival 2018.
This contract position will go to a self-motivated individual with experience with graphic or artistic design experience. The hired individual will be responsible for the key images for the Talking Stick Festival 2018, seen on posters, transit ads, program guides, on-line content, and more.
The Talking Stick Festival is a collaborative environment, strong communications skills and collective attitudes are a must.
- Artist will deliver high-resolution image(s) to be used on promotional material for the Talking Stick Festival 2018;
- Artist will provide own required equipment/materials for design, ie) Computer, software, art supplies;
- Final Artwork is pending approval from Full Circle Management;
- Bachelors Degree in Visual Art or Graphic Design, or minimum 3 years experience a practicing Indigenous visual artist or designer
- Experience designing poster artwork
Preference given to Indigenous applicants
To be negotiated based on experience, industry standards, and projected workload.