Job Posting: Box Office Manager
The Box Office Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of all festival box office set up and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Services will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Building events for sale in Eventbrite including discount/access codes
- Building events with partner box offices i.e. Cultch, VIFF
- Managing comps, holds, providing discount/access codes to appropriate staff for distribution
- Setting up box office check-in and payment processing systems
- Training on-site box office staff on Apps, systems App for check-in/sales, Square App for credit card processing
- Preparing box office protocols, procedures, reconciliation paperwork
- Overseeing ticket prices, sales, orders, preparations, scheduling, will call.
- Maintaining up-to-date financial records of all ticket sales, receipts, processes and deposits.
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records of complimentary tickets, Pay-What-You-Can donations at performances, workshops and artist talk’s admittance.
- The creation and implementation of all festival passes, tickets, coupons, sales tracking sheet, invoices daily and weekly reconciliation sheets and other related materials.
- Communication with event coordinator, artists, volunteer coordinator, event promoters, festival staff and the clientele to assure the event runs smoothly and all parties are happy.
- Supervising and delegating tasks to including box office assistants and other staff, ticket collectors, ushers, volunteers
- Being on site and in attendance for each night /day of the festival.
- Daily reconciliation of box office and final reconciliation of all box office sales.
- Provide to Full Circle a Final Report upon completion of the project.
- The CONTRACTOR will outline schedule of work in consultation with the Managing Producer.
- The hours of work may be irregular and variable and are those required to meet the objectives of employment.
- Highly organized self- starter, team player, good with people
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook; familiarity with email programs, website maintenance and social media.
- Proficiency in box office platforms ex. Eventbrite, Square App for credit card processing.
- Flexibility and the ability to respond in innovative ways to the needs of the organization
- Experience with non-profit arts community is an asset.
- The successful candidate must also have strong English language verbal and written communication skills.
Date: Immediately – March 15, 2019
Rate of Pay: $5000 (Contract)
Application Deadline: position will be filled as soon as the correct person is found.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com (subject line: Talking Stick BOX OFFICE MANAGER)